Why to climb Himlung?
- Among other 7000m peaks in Himalayas for mountaineering, Himlung stand for safe, easy accessible and comparatively cost saving
- Its NOT technically difficult as other 7000m peaks therefore its prefect peak for training trip before attempting any 8000m peak including Mt. Everest.
- The trek goes through Annapurna circuit route and the hidden valley Nar Phu area, therefore the trekking to Himlung base camp is very unique with the local cultures and local inhabitant villages.
- Excellent and comfortable camping logistics
- Most experienced chef and crews at base camp
- Medical back up Oxygen with mask set throughout the trip
- Trek & climb without crowds
- Guided by most experienced Sherpas
- Well support on communication by Radio sets and Satellite phones
- Regular weather reports for summit push
- Trek into the mystical area (Nar Phu), where still the pure Tibetan cultures and traditional exists
Trek into Himlung Base Camp
On this Voyage, we will be driving for 8 hours to Besisahar and about another 6-7 hours to Koto the next day and then trek into the hidden valley Nar Phu area. We will be spending an extra day in Phu for acclimatization purpose and to explore the Phu village. Phogaon to Himlung base camp is another a day trek where we properly set up our base camp with all tents and logistics. We will have altogether 15 days to set up higher camps and also achieve the summit. We shall be doing another 5 days of the trek exploring back to Beshishar the same route we went through at the beginning.
High Camps and Climbing Routes
We establish our Base Camp at 4920m on a grassy land and three high camps are required to attempt the summit. Camp I at 5,619m, Camp II at 5,987m and Camp III as the last camp at 6,400m. While our strong team of Sherpa staffs set up various high camps, members have the chance to going up and down for well acclimatization and we attempt summit on a favorable day for everyone. Due to our good strategy and expert logistics support, the success rate to this mountain has been high every year and we use the normal route (west face) to ascent this peak.
Expedition Cost – 2020 and 2021
Our Himlung expedition cost for 2020 and 2021 has been already published on our website. Our expedition cost is reasonably cheaper and affordable however our service quality is one of the best. We provide one Sherpa guide to each two climbers for highest level of safety and to increase the maximum summit success. If any climber wishes to have personal Sherpa guide, it will be provided on some additional cost. Our full board support expedition cost for 2020 is USD 6,800.00 and 2021 is USD 7,000.00 per/climber. The best season to climb Himlung is autumn season, our expedition starts early Oct until 1st week of November. Or you can click on this link to find more detail information of the expedition http://dreamhimalayaadventures.com/mt-himlung-expedition-7126m.html
Trekking and Expedition Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, Transfer to Hotel and briefing
Day 02: Sight tour, necessary preparation for expedition
Day 03: Drive to Beshishar (800m) – 8hrs
Day 04: Trek to Koto (2600m) – 6hrs
Day 05: Trek to Meta (3560m) – 6hrs
Day 06: Trek to Kyang (3820m) – 6hrs
Day 07: Trek to Phugaun (4080m) – 5hrs
Day 08: Rest & Acclimatization at Phugaun
Day 09: Trek to Himlung Base camp (4920m) – 5hrs
Day 10-25: Acclimatization, route opening and Summit attempt on Mt. Himlung 7,126m.
Day 26: Trek to Phugaun
Day 27: Trek to Meta
Day 28: Trek to Koto
Day 29: Drive to Beshishar
Day 30: Drive to KTM
Day 31: Free/extra day
Day 32: Depart for home, transfer to Int’l airport